08 April 2008

Kansas Wins!



Okay, I admit, I didn't really have a strong rooting interest in this game.

I didn't do the ubiquitous bracket, and it's not like growing up in India and Qatar allowed me great insight into American colleges and universities playing professional sports with amateur athletes (I'm still trying to figure that out).

I don't like the Memphis coach John Calipari and I have no strong feelings one way or the other towards the Kansas coach Bill Self .

But I got home with a few seconds remaining in the game, and with Kansas down (though they had almost clawed all the way back from a 9-point deficit with about 2 minutes remaining). At this point I would usually turn the game off, but then Kansas stole the ball, and the next thing you, boom! A 3-pointer with something like 2 seconds left to tie the game, and then overtime and then...

Kansas wins!

Good for them.



LINKS

NYT Story

No comments: