22 April 2008

Karaoke at Roger's Exciting Tattle Tale Room

Okay, while I do enjoy a bit of karaoke now and then, I know that among the many talents I don't have, singing is high on that list.



I have to admit I was a wee bit skeptical when I first entered the bar known as Roger's Exciting Tattle Tale Room. I mean, when you save "dive bar" in Los Angeles, you don't really mean a dive bar...but this was a dive bar!



The regulars were unfriendly and wary and the bartender was not terribly attentive.

However, people warmed up to us once the evening wore on. The male regulars, especially, were very friendly with The Better Half and her pals Ruthie and Rosemary (a.k.a. The Three Rs). I think I was called an Arab sheikh at some point, and someone offered me a free drink.





Scotty blew us away with an incredible rendition of a Journey song...the girls were very enthusiastic and me...well...I had a lot to drink!

All in all, a fun night.

The Three Rs perform "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar:







Scotty performs "Lights" by Journey:





And, finally, that's me ripping off a piece of "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers:





LINKS

LA Weekly Review

No comments: