26 May 2008

OMG It's the 90s All Over Again

Okay, so the other day I was talking to my colleague Sandy about my legendary inability to recognize lyrics.

One the most famous cases being that B.B. King sample used in the song "Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand" by the Primitive Radio Gods. You know, that song used to be hugely popular when I was in college.

Anyway, the sample is from "Down Hearted" and the lyric is "I've been down hearted baby."
 
Of course, I thought it was "I bend down harder baby" and it took many years later for The Better Half to alert me to this fact.


So, I went and pulled the video from YouTube and the interesting thing was the related videos it pulled:

The Verve, "Bitter Sweet Symphony"


Spacehog, "In the Meantime"


White Town, "Your Woman"


Dishwalla, "Counting Blue Cars"


Yup, it was the 90s all over again! The only thing missing was the intense cold, and impending sense of doom that always seemed to hang over the air in Rochester.

No comments: