01 May 2008

The Suns Break My Heart Again...

So sad, so very sad.




Of course, before Charles Barkley went up against Michael Jordan in the 1993 NBA Finals I hadn't even heard of the Phoenix Suns.

Then, my favorite Steve Nash went over from the Dallas Mavericks and I was instantly in love.

Shaquille O'Neal was traded from the Miami Heat this year and my hopes were raised...and I knew they were going to be dashed.

There was Game 1 and those heart-breaking three-pointers at the end of regulation and the first overtime from Michael Finley (a one-time teammate of Nash in Dallas) and...Tim Duncan (I knew it...as soon as I saw it, I knew he was going to make the shot).

Then there was Game 2 and that first half lead evaporated before our eyes and that, as they say, was that.

Now, let the recriminations begin.

Me, I'm just going to sit there and let my heart gently break.




LINKS

Bill Simmons Take
ESPN Daily Dime
LA Times Article

No comments: