23 June 2008

Viva La Vida (Or How To Sound Like U2 By Really Trying Hard)!



I've been listening to the new Coldplay album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends and I think the jury is still out.

My favorite songs so far:

1. Life in Technicolor (mostly for the cool Indian instrumentation)

2. Cemeteries Of London (the sing-along portion is very much early U2)

3. Lost! (comes this close to Fix You status)
5. Lovers In Japan / Reign Of Love (Dude I know nothing about music and even I could tell that this was a Brian Eno song)

6. Yes (Hey, did The Edge join Coldplay?)

9. Strawberry Swing (How much reverb can you put in one song?)

10. Death And All His Friends (The Fix You of this album, all post-XY Coldplay albums must have their own Fix You apparently)


LINKS


Google Search: Album Reviews

No comments: