06 July 2020

Hamilton (Disney+)

#Hamilton

G*d bless #DisneyPlus, I no longer have to hang my head in my shame amongst my peer set for not having borne witness to the Greatest Theatrical Experience in the history of mankind about the greatest founding father in the history of mankind. This truly is G*d's Work, no?

And, thank you for finally explaining that iconic #GotMilk commercial(directed by Michael Bay, wait, wha?!) from *years* ago. Man, that kid'd better put some respek on Aaron Burr's name!

And, this entire catchy, revisionist, terrifically entertaining enterprise is worth it for the "Rewind" sequence (aka Satisfied) alone. And Helpless is gonna be gangbusters in the inevitable Bollywood version.

And, LMM, thank you for teaching me more about (American)history in 2h40m than I ever learned in my entire lifetime(annotated, as ever, by TBH's helpful-with-a-side-of-eyeroll explanatory notes)!

The boldface(i.e. the kids I've seen in movies/TV) names are excellent throughout: everything-threat fellow-FedFan LMM(books, lyrics, music, rapping, singing, acting, producing, the list goes *on*), Groff, Cephas Jones, Ramos, Soo, the awesome Diggs. The relative "unknowns" kinda stole the show: Onaodowan, Jackson, and, esp, Goldsberry(absolutely fantstic!). But, gotta say, Odom Jr. was simply sensational, and, in a musical named for A (dot) Ham, it was A (dot) Burr's story that ended up being the emotional core of the whole thing…perhaps LMM's subversive point all along🤔?

Like I said, I'm not a student of history, or of anything really, but d*mn, that Laurens chap seemed like quite a figure, and, is it just me, or did good ol'(boy😜?) ThomJeff end up looking like a bit of d**k in all of this?

And speaking of (missing?)history, at the end they just kinda threw in…*all* the stuff that (poor long-suffering, almost-by-definition no?)Eliza Schuyler did with her life😳…was there an Act 3 that I missed where they explored all this?

Loved that turning-stage doo-hickey thing-y…and that final Got Milk duel…and Wait For It….and pretty much that whole dang thing(how *could* I not, I don't want to hang my head in shame any longer)!

PS. No one else was in the room where it happened…I wanna be in the room where it happens… I hear ya bud, I hear ya…


#LinManuelMiranda #ThomasKail (The Great)#DeclanQuinn(!)
#LeslieOdomJr #DaveedDiggs #ReneeEliseGoldsberry #PhillipaSoo #ChristopherJackson #OkierieteOnaodowan #JonathanGroff #JasmineCephasJones #AnthonyRamos
#HamilFilm @hamiltonmusical @disneyplus

No comments: