10 November 2008

Ben Lauter Is No Longer My Friend


Ben Lauter is no longer my friend.

Why? Because this is what he wrote to me:

Oh basu!, no! "The Dark Knight"? :)

Best movie ever? While I agree that TDK is indeed a very good to great film, it is by no means the ultimate masterpiece it was made out to be by the internet "geek" mafia.

As an internet-based purveyor if all things film, you know that we live in an age of instant, and unbridled hyperbole that, in reality, probably should be tempered by the passage of time and subsequent reevaluations.

Honestly, I'm surprised more people haven't trumpeted "Iron Man" as an equal, if not better, film of both the summer and superhero varieties.

Nolan is a true talent, though. He's probably got carte blanche in this town right now.

Cheers,

~B

No comments: