09 June 2009

A Dream Deferred

It was my dream to become one of those old Cuban men sitting on the beach in a jaunty Panama hat, smoking a jaunty cigar, and playing some jaunty chess.

I think this dream is not going to come true.

Why? Well, I was playing around with The Better Half's awesome iMac and came across a Chess application.

Deciding to try it out and take the first small step in fulfilling my lifelong dream I took a deep breath and started a game against the computer.

I lost.

In two moves.

Two moves!



Sigh...


LINKS

RedHotPawn.com: Why do many intelligent people suck at chess?

1 comment:

Anant said...

Dude-funny one. Don't have to kill your dream, just substitute checkers for chess, most people wont even notice. You can still use the cool chess pieces :-)

Also, can you change the link to my blog to www.anantgairola.com

And whats with Google Wave? isitoutyet isitoutyet isitoutyet isitoutyet :-)