23 May 2008

American Idol...DVR Out!

So, I get back from watching The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, turn on my DVR, and settle in to watch American Idol.

The Better Half, the very reason I am at all interested in AI to begin with, says it's too lat for her and she goes to bed.

I am left to slog through two solid hours of filler before getting to the results.

Ryan Seacrest gathers Davids Cook and Archuleta. Drum roll. It's very tense. He opens the envelope. My heart is in my throat. I start sweating. Ryan says, "And the winner is David..."

And that's it.

My DVR cuts off!

After all of that, it cuts off right after "David..."


Just my luck.

To make matter worse, the wrong David won (conspiracy theorists are already at work dissecting Simon Cowell's about-face on Cook right before the unexpected result was announced).

Just my luck.

LINKS

NYT Story

No comments: