07 May 2008

Chris McCarley Becomes Street-Viewed


My colleague Chris McCarley is now famous...forever immortalized on Google Maps Street Views.

Here is the report from the horse's mouth:


Hey Peeps,
So I'm using Google Maps yesterday and notice that Street View is now available in the small town of Golden where I currently live. I type in my address to see if my rented house made it onto Street View and lo and behold - so did I and so did my fiance. Here's the picture. What is noteworthy is the fact that the Denver area has a population of well over 3M people [removed due to confidentiality] so the odds are pretty low that I'd happen to be outside at the same time this picture was being taken. Also that a van with a giant camera on top passed within three feet of me while I was standing outside on the curb and I didn't notice it. I'm like the anti-James Rockford.


No comments: