01 August 2008

Didu Has Spoken: India Will Win


I spoke to Didu today (my grandmother, I really should call her more often) and she assured me that India would win the second Test against Sri Lanka.

We were whupped, whupped by the Lankas in the first Test, but Didu has always known a thing or two about cricket the whole time I've known her (which, come to think of it, has been my whole life).

And waddya know, she might be right after all.


With our backs against the wall, of course Sachin Tendulkar folded again (5 runs) and it was Virender Sehwag who came to the rescue with a sterling, aggressive, bold, bodacious, unbeaten 201 (man he piles on double-centuries and low scores in equal measure doesn't he?).


And then crazy Harbhajan Singh demonstrated that the Sri Lankan spinners shouldn't have all the fun, and took four important wickets to leave the competition reeling at 215 - 5.

India is not out of the woods yet (the two Jayawardene's are still battling, and yes, I said battling, not batting), but things, dare I say it, are looking good.

After all Didu said it.



LINKS

Cricinfo: Harbhajan Keeps Match Poised
Cricinfo: Sublime Sehwag

No comments: