26 July 2008

The Rocker, Um, Rocks


I know, as soon as I saw the poster I knew that it was the great Rainn Wilson.

And no, I was a fan of Wilson way before The Office and Dwight Schrute. Ever since I saw him in that admirable, but ulitmately flawed meta-biographical film Baadasssss! (Mario Van Peebles's film about how his father Melvin Van Peebles made Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song) I've been an admirer (apparently he killed as host of this year's Film Independent's Spirit Awards).

In any case, according to any early review from Variety, The Rocker is awesome, and a nice change of pace from the usual Judd Apatow-branded man-child comedy (we have too may of those now, way too many).

Now you can be ahead of the trend and be the first to see the movie when it comes out in August. That way when your friends ask you if you've heard of this awesome new movie called The Rocker you can turn to them and say, heard of it?, I've lived it my friend.

I've lived it.

LINKS

Variety: The Rocker Review

No comments: